Mr + Mrs Currie

by - 11:30 PM


The primary element of my job of a photographer is to capture life: life, just as we live it with the highs and the lows. Many times there is an element of both/and that comes hand in hand. Both joy and sorrow. Grief and celebration. Past and present. 






It was my great joy to capture this moment in Jason and Heather's new life together. 




In a very unique way, I have had the experience of photographing Heather's family for many years. I have photographed both the joy of a long awaited pregnancy, precious newborn babies,  and the sorrow of an unexpected diagnosis, and intentionality of spending days together as a family, knowing those days were numbered. 

We also have had the joy and sorrow of watching Jason's story through the years. Christy spoke into my life in such a valuable way, encouraging me to tell my story. Even though it was with great hesitation on my part, Christy pushed me to share at our church's women's conference the story of our infertility. It was messy, and there was ugly crying. But it was authentic and the women came around me is such a supportive way. In an absolute miracle, shortly after sharing at the women's conference, Anthony and I found out that we were expecting a baby. I will never know until eternity the impact the prayers of the women of the church had on our life, ultimately because of Christy's persistence. The Sunday that we announced our pregnancy was the same day that Christy mentioned she had some doctor's appointments that required additional follow up. 

We have watched as both Heather & Luke, and Jason & Christy shared Jesus openly, authentically, and with outrageous intentionality throughout their cancer journey and walk through the valley of the shadow of death. 

For years after Christy's death, we have been praying that God would provide for Jason and the kids, to bring a mother figure and a help-meet to fill the gaps. When we heard that Jason and Heather had started sitting together in church, we began to wonder what God's ultimate plan was, and continued to pray for both of them, and their children. And still do in this time of transition and both/and's.

Then, when the phone call came asking about pictures and wedding dates, I was thrilled to witness this new step in joining their lives together. 

The wedding day was beautiful and heartfelt. It is so clear that Jason and Heather are well loved by family and friends. There were certainly tears shed, but also great celebration in knowing that God is still authoring a beautiful story. 

You May Also Like

0 comments