Candice and Martin Engaged!

by - 12:47 PM

I adore engagement sessions. Young love is so beautiful, natural, and affection happens so organically. Watching the gentleness, kindness and tenderness between a couple is good for my soul.




I also love engagement session from a strictly business point of view. Having a "trial run" before the wedding has so many benefits. From a photographer's side, it gives me an opportunity to get to know you, what makes you smile, how to help you relax in front of the camera, your "best" side, if you blink a lot, etc. All those little things I am watching for during engagement pictures helps so much on the Big Day. A potential downside is that you might already know all my cheesy jokes on the wedding day, but that's a risk I'm willing to take ("Two guys walk into a bar. The third guy....")

I love hearing your stories; how you met, what attracted you to each other, the proposal, etc. 


It's personal. And that's one reason I love my job. 


Candice and Martin were the perfect couple - beautiful and sweet. As my first engagement session this spring, they reminded me again why I love this so much. Even though spring can be unpredictable, Candice was flexible and fantastic and we ended up having a perfect night for their photographs. 


I love how Candice and Martin made each other smile.


I love how comfortable and safe Candice looked in Martin's arms.  



I loved hearing about the wedding plans and all the personalized plans that show their uniqueness as a couple. 


And, of course I love that they are from northeast Nebraska - my home!

You May Also Like

0 comments