The Goodness of God

by - 10:49 PM


 

As I woke up and got ready for the special photo shoot these words were going through my head:

"All my life You have been faithful
All my life You have been so, so good.
With every breath that I am able
I will sing of the Goodness of God"

My business has had some special assignments lately. All that we have been through the past few years has prepared me in a different way to face moments of grief with the hope of the Goodness of God. 

Walking beside Luke and Heather has been particularly special. I've had the unique opportunity to celebrate the blessing of their long awaited pregnancy, and their precious baby girl with a brave heart, and to rejoice again when their bundle of joy, their son, arrived safely. 

When we were blessed with our surprise, Pip, Heather was one of the very first people we told. And when our tiny little bundle arrived, Heather brought us meals.

We have had the blessing of praying for each other in the moments of celebration and in the moments of calling out to the Lord for a miracle.

We rejoiced when Luke beat his first bout of cancer last year, but we are asking the Lord for healing once again. Luke and Heather have been an amazing example of looking to the hope of Jesus day by day. They have been such an encouragement and blessing to us, as well as a fantastic example of just faithfully walking the path that they have been called to. 

Due to a recent diagnosis of stage 4 cancer that has spread into Luke's bones, we decided to do another photoshoot.

It is so interesting to me that often in life we strive for the "perfect pictures." You know the ones - where everyone is smiling and looking at the camera in perfectly matched outfits. Yet, often when we reminisce about the best moments in life, they are the simple ones. The daily life. The tattered blankies. Snuggling together for a few extra moments on the weekend. Dancing in the kitchen. Playing cars or Lego. Tea parties. Hundreds of books enjoyed together on a favorite chair. 

Those are the best things.  

As we wrapped up the photo shoot it was a beautiful moment when the exact song that I had woke up with that morning started playing on Luke's cancer playlist. So, here I share it with you. Also, please pray for my friends Luke and Heather and their sweet family. 



You May Also Like

0 comments