Hope

by - 4:23 PM

While every session touches my heart in a certain way, there are some that strike very close to home.

I haven't talked about it here much, but for the majority of our 15 year marriage, Anthony and I have struggled with infertility.

Even though I know that every baby is precious, when I found out I was pregnant with both my babies it seemed extra special. Throughout the long wait in-between Tucker and Adeline, I felt like God pointed me to these verses.

Romans 5:2-5
2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.


I think what I am trying to say is that often when we have to sit in the expanse of waiting, it makes the answer even more precious to us.

When I saw this picture it evoked an emotion in me. Maybe no one else will see it the same, but when I saw it there were elements that felt like my journey. 

Much of the time we were going through infertility we didn't know anyone else that had/currently struggled. We felt so alone and distant. 

Even though there was bits of light (hope) that shined through, there is a sense of darkness surrounding even my memory of those years.


When we found out we were pregnant, we could barely believe it. There was so many moments reflecting on both what we had been through as well as our unbelievable joy to be expecting a baby.



We could not be more excited for Luke and Heather and cannot wait to share their joy when they welcome their sweet little girl.






You May Also Like

1 comments