Making the Most of it

by - 7:00 AM

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love photography, but I really love Photoshop! It always amazes me the things you can do to spice up your photographs. Here is just one example for you. This first one is SOOC (straight out of camera).



It is a really pretty picture, but doesn't quite stand out. I like the composition quite a bit, but the picture isn't for a magazine cover, it is of my lovely sis and her wonderful new husband. Also, the clouds that were so cool in the background are a little bit blown out in this picture.

So, I started out by finding another picture that was similar with a slightly different exposure. The sky was blue and beautiful! I dropped the new sky picture onto the original, automatically creating another layer. The sky layer was placed below the original, then using a mask, I "cut" out the top of this picture so what you would see was the new sky. (Sorry this is a bit confusing)



Using the burn tool, I made parts of the sky a little more dramatic and added depth to the picture while keeping the look of sunshine on the bride and groom. I added a "warmer" action from the Pioneer Woman Actions for some additional color in the field and a sunny appearance overall.

I cropped it so you can clearly see the beautiful couple, and tada! Done.




So, what do you think?

You May Also Like

3 comments